Where do I get information about business licenses, insurance, securities and workers' compensation?

To obtain information about starting a business, verifying a professional, business or health care provider license, financial institutions, insurance and securities, workers' compensation and other consumer- and industry-related concerns, visit the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) home page at www.michigan.gov/lara or call 517-373-3034.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.