What can I do if my driver's license is suspended due to a financial-responsibility judgment.

You may apply for a financial-responsibility restricted driver's license. This is a license that limits the holder to driving only the vehicles stated on the license. In order to receive a financial-responsibility restricted driver's license, you must file a partial-payment agreement and proof of financial-responsibility insurance with:

Michigan Department of State
Driver Record Activity Unit
formerly the Action Processing Unit
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, Michigan 48918-0001

The telephone number is 517-636-6406, and their fax number is 517-636-7515.



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on "Contact the Secretary of State" also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.