What ownership documents are needed to transfer a documented vessel?

The assigned registration and the Coast Guard documentation papers in the new owner's name must be shown to register a documented vessel.

Related Documents & Topics




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.