How Do I Cancel My Michigan Notary Public Commission?

To cancel your current notary public commission, please place your request in writing, include your signature and the date of your request, and mail it to:

Office of the Great Seal
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, MI 48918

You must also include in your request your name, address, county of commission, appointment date, and expiration date. If you choose to cancel your notary public commission, you may reapply for a new commission at any time through the original application process.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.