Must I use an embosser to notarize documents?

No. Embossers are not necessary to notarize documents for use in Michigan. However, an embosser or stamp-type seal may be required on documents intended for use outside of Michigan. They can be purchased from a bonding company or an independent office or rubber stamp supplier.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.