What if I change my name?

If you legally change your name after you have been commissioned as a notary public, you must apply for a corrected notary public commission. Simply download the Request for Duplicate/Notice of Change form, and mail it to:

Office of the Great Seal
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, MI 48918

Please note that you are required to update your driver's license (or personal identification card) prior to correcting your notary public commission. After your commission has been corrected, you will receive a new certificate in the mail. Be sure to change your address at this time if applicable.





If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.