Is it a county clerk's responsibility to report a notary's inappropriate activity to the Department?

Agency: State

It is within the clerk's discretion. If you suspect inappropriate activity, you can notify the Office of the Great Seal or the county prosecutor.





If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.