If a notary moves out of his county of commission can he still use the "Acting In" notation?

Agency: State

Yes, a notary may use the "Acting in the County of ______." statement, however, a notary is only required to use that statement if performing a notarial act in a county other than the county of commission. If you move, be sure to complete a Request for Duplicate/Notice of Change form and send it to the Office of the Great Seal.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on "Contact the Secretary of State" also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.