If I will be temporarily outside the United States during the elections, will I still be able to vote?

If you will be temporarily outside the United States, make arrangements with your local Clerk to obtain an absentee ballot before you leave or to have the ballot mailed to you overseas.

If you are already outside of the United States you may use the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) form to register to vote and request absent voter ballots. The FPCA forms are distributed through U.S. embassies and military bases and may be found at www.fvap.gov 



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.