How do I change my address on my registration?

When you move, you must change the address on your driver's license as soon as possible. A change of address may be submitted at a Secretary of State office, online through ExpressSOS or by mail using the change-of-address form. Until all system upgrades can be completed, changing the address on your driver’s license will not update the address on your vehicle registration. Changing your driver’s license address will update the address for your voter registration.

When you renew your license plate by mail and the address needs to be corrected, check "yes" for a change of address on the front of the renewal notice and write your new address on the back of the form in the space provided. This will alert the Michigan Department of State to correct the address when renewing your registration. If you are renewing your vehicle registration online and you are logged into your account, then you may also submit a change of address at the same time.  Change of address cannot be submitted when using the Quick Renewal option.

Related Documents & Topics




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.