How do I appeal the loss of my driving privileges?

If you are in-state, or out-of-state and are appealing the loss of your driving privileges send a completed Request for Hearing and Substance Abuse Evaluation form to the Office of Hearings and Administrative Oversight at the address below.

Please submit your request for a hearing with a current substance abuse evaluation, dated not more than 3 months before the date it will be received by the Department.

Michigan Department of State
Office of Hearings and Administrative Oversight
P.O. Box 30196
Lansing, MI 48090-7696

More information regarding the driver license appeal hearing process and requirements is available at the Department of State Web site.  Access Preparing for Your License Appeal Hearing at:,4670,7-127-1627_8665_9074-29685--,00.html.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.