How can I obtain a copy of my DD214?

For copies of your military discharge papers, write to: 

National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138

Or you can request a copy from the National Archives online, or from Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency online or by phone at 1-800-MICHVET.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.