What do I need to do to get my driver's license reinstated?

If you had a suspended or restricted driver license and the suspension or restriction period is over, go to your local Secretary of State branch office with sufficient identification and your Social Security number to apply for your driver's license. You may owe a reinstatement fee depending on the type of suspension.

If you have a revoked or denied driver license, depending on your driving record, you may have to go to the Office of Hearings and Administrative Oversight or Circuit Court for an appeal hearing before your driver's license can be reinstated.

For further assistance please contact our Information Center at 1-888-SOS-MICH (1-888-767-6424).  




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.