How do I change my out-of-state driver's license to a Michigan driver's license?

Take your current out-of-state driver's license, Social Security number, acceptable proof of identification, and acceptable proof of residency to a Secretary of State branch office. You will be given a vision test and your out-of-state driver's license will be converted to a Michigan driver's license.

Related Documents & Topics




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.