Can I change the type of license or ID card I have when renewing online?

If you have a chauffeur's license and want to change it to an operator's license, you may do that when renewing online. Other changes, such as switching from an operator's license to a chauffeur's or Commercial Driver License, or changing from a standard license or ID to an enhanced license or ID must be completed at a Secretary of State office.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.