Why can't I use a one-time mailing address when requesting a duplicate driver's license or state ID card online?

For security purposes, we do not send duplicate driver's licenses, ID cards or titles to a one-time mailing address when ordering online. If you are out of state and need assistance replacing a lost license or ID card, please access the Michigan Residents Out-of-State webpage or call the Special Services Branch at 517-322-1473.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.