When can't I renew my driver's license online?
Reasons that your driver's license cannot be renewed online may include:
- You renewed by mail or online the last time.
- Your Social Security number cannot be verified by the Department of State
- You are not a U.S. citizen -- a non citizen's legal presence must be verified at the time of renewal.
- You have a Commercial Driver License.
- Your license has been canceled or voluntarily surrendered.
- Your photograph is not on file.
- You have submitted a change of address online within the last 10 days.
- Your license has been expired for more than four years.
- You have an enhanced license (online renewal of enhanced licenses and ID cards will be available in the future).
- Your license has been suspended, revoked or denied.
If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.