If my commercial motor vehicle operation changes to other than non-excepted interstate, what should I do?

If you will no longer operate a commercial motor vehicle for non-excepted interstate purposes, you should report the change in the type of commercial operation with the Secretary of State's Office. The change must be reported before the current medical certification expires.

If a new medical certification is not received, the Secretary of State's Office will downgrade your driver's license and you will lose your privilege to operate a commercial motor vehicle.


If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.