Must I visit a Secretary of State office to report a change to my type of commercial motor vehicle operation certification?

You may either visit a branch office or update it online. If you are changing from intrastate to interstate or interstate to intrastate, a new license will need to be processed to add or remove the "K" CDL intrastate only restriction accordingly. If processing online, a new license will be processed and you will pay the appropriate fees before your certification type is updated.


If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on "Contact the Secretary of State" also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.