What should I do when my medical certificate or medical variance is about to expire?

You must obtain a new medical certificate and, if required, medical variance, and submit them to the Secretary of State's Office before the earliest expiration date is reached. You also are responsible for applying to FMCSA for a renewal of your variance.

If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.