- Are wired or wireless earpieces allowed?
- Are CMV drivers allowed to use push-to-talk mobile communications equipment while driving?
- Are holders of a commercial driver's license (CDL) subject to the regulation only when driving a CMV, as defined in 49 CFR 383.5, or any vehicle?
- What drivers are covered by the federal rule? Drivers who operate a CMV intrastate or interstate? Drivers who hold a CDL? Or is it operation of all CMVs?
- What is required of the employer in terms of company policy or training?
- Is dialing a phone number allowed under this rule?
- Can a driver reach for a mobile telephone even if he/she intends to use the hands-free function?
- Are tow trucks exempt?
- What is considered "driving a CMV" when prohibited from using a hand held mobile telephone?