What is the recreational double endorsement and when is it needed?

A recreational double endorsement ® is needed when driving a pickup truck, equipped with a fifth-wheel assembly with an attached fifth-wheel trailer designed for recreational living purposes and towing an additional trailer or semi trailer. The total length of all three vehicles cannot exceed 75 feet. The gross weight of the additional trailer cannot exceed the empty weight of the pickup or the semi trailer. The minimum age to get a recreational doubles endorsement is 18. The cost of the endorsement is $10. You must pass a 15-question Recreational Doubles written test. No road test is required.

Related Documents & Topics



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.