What do I do if the information on my driving record is incorrect?

If your address is incorrect, go to ExpressSOS.com or a Secretary of State branch office for a change of address. If you never received the action that is listed on your record and you feel it was entered incorrectly, please contact our Information Center at 1-888-SOS-MICH (1-888-767-6424)  for further assistance.

If a citation or court action is incorrect as provided by the court, a copy of the order from the court placing the information on your record is needed. You must contact the court for a corrected abstract. The address to mail or FAX it is:

Michigan Department of State
Driver Record Activity Unit
formerly the Abstract Processing Unit
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, Michigan 48918
FAX: 517-636-7525




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.