I regularly transport groups of young people across the border for special events. What should I do to ensure that all of my group can cross?

  • U.S. citizens ages 16-18 traveling under adult supervision with a school or religious group, social organization or sports team need only present their birth certificate (original or a photocopy) to verify citizenship.
  • All children under the age of 16 need only present their birth certificate (original or a photocopy) or other proof of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate or citizenship card.
  • Group members who are lawful permanent legal residents of the U.S. must provide an Alien Registration Card (Form I-551) issued by the Department of Homeland Security or other valid evidence of permanent residence, refugee or asylee status.

View the complete list of acceptable documents at CBP.gov for land travel and sea travel.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.