Can I get an enhanced driver's license if I am in the military and stationed outside of Michigan?

You must apply for an enhanced driver's license in person at any Secretary of State office. The Department of Homeland Security allows military personnel to travel across land and sea borders using an expired driver's license with a valid military identification card and traveling orders. When you return to Michigan, visit a branch office to apply for your driver's license.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.