I am in the military and stationed outside of the state/country. How can I get an endorsement on my Michigan license to ride on base?

You must successfully complete a Motorcycle Safety Course offered through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF). You may obtain course information via the MSF Web site www.msf-usa.org. Once you finish the course and get the MSF completion card, you may contact the Michigan Department of State, Special Services Branch at 517-636-5872 for information on handling the transaction through the mail or email your approved motorcycle training completion card to MDOS-SpecialServices@Michigan.gov for further instructions. Most military commands also require completing the Advanced Rider Course (ARC) within a year of adding your motorcycle endorsement. 

Reciprocity for Out-of-State Motorcycle Rider Training Courses - for riders applying for their Michigan motorcycle endorsement (CY) that have completed their training course outside the State of Michigan.



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on "Contact the Secretary of State" also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.