I want to have a tent sale a few miles from my dealership. What do I need to do?

Agency: State

A temporary sale at a location away from the established place of business requires additional licensing. This includes a "tent sale," auto show or activity in which vehicles may be displayed or sold for a specific length of time. Additional licensing is required for these activities. Forms are available from Bureau of Driver and Vehicle Programs, Business Licensing and Regulation Division:

Inside County of Licensure - Submit form AR-0066, Vehicle Dealer Supplemental Location License Application (PDF format) and Michigan Vehicle Dealer Closeout Statement (Temporary Location) (PDF format);

  • The Closeout Statement will be used to cancel the license once the temporary sale is over;
  • Approval for temporary sales cannot be given without a Closeout Statement.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.