How do I apply for a mechanic trainee permit?

Agency: State

You must complete an Application for Motor Vehicle Mechanic Trainee Permit. Application are available at the Department of State Web site at: Mechanic Trainee Permit or by contacting the Customer Support Section at 1-888-SOS-MICH (1-888-767-6424). The completed application must be returned with the $20.00 application fee. No fee is required if you are a state-certified mechanic with an unexpired certificate.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.