What is a fixture filing?

A fixture filing covers goods that are permanently attached to the land or real property. Fixture filings are recorded at a county Register of Deeds office. Farm products (crops, livestock and their unprocessed products) are not considered fixtures. Filings related to farm products should be filed at the UCC office rather than at a Register of Deeds office.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.