Who determines the types of collateral included on a financing statement?

This decision is left to the filer. Failure to list collateral or filing in the wrong office is not a reason to reject the financing statement. Mortgages, fixtures, minerals, and timber to be cut are filed with the county Register of Deeds. All other types of collateral, including filings for transmitting utilities, should be filed with the UCC Office.




If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.