How do I change a county filing to the State UCC office?

The secured party determines whether or not to file an “in lieu of” filing.

File an “in lieu of” initial financing statement with the UCC Office. Complete a UCC1 with current information for debtors, secured parties and collateral. An “in lieu of” filing may either list file numbers or include copies of multiple initial financing statements and amendment financing statements for the same debtor.



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.