How do I purchase trip permits?

You can purchase a trip permit directly from the Michigan IRP Office through CARS e-Services and a printable trip permit will be emailed to you after payment. You may also purchase trip permits from a third-party trip permit service provider.



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.