Which title transfers and corrections can be completed by appointment?

Customers may schedule an appointment at a Secretary of State branch to transfer or correct a title for an automobile, mobile home, motorcycle, or off-road vehicle (ORV). A paper title is required for all title transfers.  

If a vehicle is financed through a financial institution participating in the state's electronic lien and title (ELT) service, vehicle owners must request either a loan termination statement or statement authorizing change in ownership and paper title from the financial institution the vehicle is financed through before scheduling an appointment to transfer the vehicle title to a new owner.



Last updated: May 4, 2021