Know Your Rights
- Internet Sales
The Michigan Department of State issues the following notification to vehicle owners who buy (or are considering buying) a vehicle from a vehicle dealer over the internet:
- Motor Vehicle Service and Repair Act, Michigan Vehicle Code Chapter II, and Administrative Rules
This page provides links to the Motor Vehicle Service and Repair Act, Michigan Vehicle Code Chapter II, and the Administrative Rules.
- Reporting Unlicensed Repair Facilities, Mechanics or Dealers
Information about reporting unlicensed repair facilities, mechanics or dealers.
- Consumer Guides
Helpful publications for consumers regarding their vehicle ownership.
- Michigan Auto Lost & Found
The Abandoned Vehicle Law streamlines the procedures for identifying and processing impounded and abandoned vehicles
- Insurance Requirements If you are the owner or registrant of a vehicle required to be registered in Michigan, then you are required by law to carry a no-fault automobile insurance policy.
- Odometer Law Requirements
Michigan & Federal odometer law requirements
- Auto Repair Rights & Tips
The Bureau of Information Security, Regulatory Monitoring Division was established in 2009 to regulate motor vehicle repair shops, inform consumers of their automotive repair rights and investigate complaints.
- Michigan's Auto Lemon Law
If you own or lease a new vehicle that has lingering defects, you may have legal remedies under Michigan's Auto Lemon Law.