Buying a vehicle at a Michigan dealership
The dealer will:
- Provide all necessary forms and ownership documents,
- Collect the necessary fees and taxes,
- File the title application at a Secretary of State branch office within 15 days from the date of delivery,
- Purchase or transfer your license plate for you, and
- Provide copies of all paperwork.
Never sign a blank document. Before you sign any papers, take the vehicle for a test drive. If buying a used vehicle, inspect it carefully and have a mechanic check it over.