Locally Licensed Electrical Contractor RegistrationAgency: Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
The Bureau of Construction Codes, Electrical Division of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs issues
A. NAME OF PERMIT OR APPROVAL:
Locally Licensed Electrical Contractor Registration
B. STATUTORY AUTHORITY:
C. APPLICABLE REGULATION:
D. SUMMARY OF PERMIT/APPROVAL PROCESS:
1. Applicability (activities that require the permit)
The City of Grand Rapids and the City of Detroit issue their own Electrical Contractor Licenses. For a contractor to pull a permit in State Enforcement Jurisdiction, their Electrical Contractor License must be registered with the Electrical Division.
2. Pre-Application Requirements
Must hold an Electrical Contractor License with either the City of Grand Rapids or the City of Detroit
3. Application Submission Requirements
· Complete and sign application. Type or print in ink.
· A copy (front and back) of your current contractor license and current master or specialist license must accompany this application.
· Enclose a check for with proper fee made payable to the State of Michigan.
· Mail completed application, copy of locally issued licenses (front and back) and payment.
4. Procedures and Time-Frame for Obtaining Permit or Approval
An Electrical Contractor License Registration will be processed within 10 business days of receipt of completed application and payment.
5. Operational Requirements
Registrations must be renewed on a yearly basis.
Registration Fee = $25.00
7. Appeal Process
8. Public Input Opportunities
Comments and Complaints: LARA-BCC-Licensing@michigan.gov
Bureau of Construction Codes Web-site: www.michigan.gov/bcc
E. Contact Information: