Medical First Responder (MFR)

Agency: Community Health

Required State License(s):

Any individual who is employed as a Medical First Responder to provide medical first response life support must be licensed with the Michigan Department of Community Health - Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Section.

Additional certifications are available for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Specialist/AEMT, and Paramedic.

MFR Instructors are also required to be licensed by the EMS Section.

Revised: 10/2013