Assisted Living

Agency: Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

The State of Michigan does not license assisted living or independent living facilities. Please note, however, that a Home for the Aged or Adult Foster Care Home license may be required if the level of care provided at the facility meets the licensing requirements of one of these license types, see the Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Community & Health Systems.

Revised: 4/2017