Lawn Service

Agency: Agriculture and Rural Development

Required State License(s):

No state license is required if only mowing lawns, edging, etc.

However, if chemicals [fertilizers, pesticides] are applied contact the Department of Agriculture & Rural Development, Pesticide and Plant Pest Management Division; 1-800-292-3939.

When products are sold a sales tax license will be required. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660.

Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed within four to six weeks after the registration has been processed. If you have questions about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4730.

Revised:  5/2017