Manufactured Home - Community LicenseAgency: Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
The Bureau of Construction Codes, Building Division of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs issues
A. NAME OF PERMIT OR APPROVAL:
Manufactured Home - Community License
B. STATUTORY AUTHORITY:
C. APPLICABLE REGULATION:
D. SUMMARY OF PERMIT/APPROVAL PROCESS:
1. Applicability (activities that require the permit)
125.2316 License to operate mobile home park or seasonal mobile home park required; grant and renewal; fees; licensure of campground as seasonal mobile home park. Sec. 16.
(1) A person shall not operate a mobile home park or seasonal mobile home park without a license.
(2) Upon completion, review, and approval of certifications, the department shall grant a license to operate a mobile home park or seasonal mobile home park.
2. Pre-Application Requirements
R 125.1214n New community and additional home sites license; application; issuance; conditions
Rule 214n. (1) Except as provided in sub-rule (2) of this rule, before the department issues an initial license for a new community or adds additional home sites to the community's existing license, all of the following shall be certified to be complete under the provisions of the act:
(a) Internal roads servicing the completed home sites. The owner may construct the final lift of the road in the next construction season if a bond covering the cost of constructing the final lift is delivered to the department before licensure. The bond shall be made payable to the "State of Michigan."
(b) Home site individual sidewalk
(c) Common sidewalks, if provided, servicing the completed home sites
(d) Parking servicing the home site
(e) Patios, if provided
(f) Permanent foundations
(g) Internal road lighting servicing the completed home sites
(h) At a minimum, the stabilization of the soil on the completed home sites to prevent, as much as possible, erosion and soil runoff
(3) The applicant shall file all of the following documents with the license application for a new community or additional home sites:
(a) An affidavit signed by the community owner or operator and an engineer or architect stating that the construction was completed according to the approved plans and specifications under the provisions of the act. If the community owner or operator elects to complete the home site under the provisions of subrule (2) of this rule, then the affidavit shall specifically state that the home site construction shall be completed before the home is occupied and shall be completed according to the approved plans and specifications. The affidavit shall cite the specific home sites to be licensed by home site number.
(b) Certification of the community sewer system by home site number under the provisions of R 325.3391
(c) Certification of the community-owned electrical system by home site number under the provisions of R 325.3391
(4) Before the department may issue a license, the department shall receive certification of the home sites by the Michigan department of environmental quality and the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs under the provisions of the act.
(5) It is a violation of this rule and the act if any home that is placed on a home site is occupied by residents before the home site is licensed. In a licensed community, each home site that has a home occupied by residents shall be licensed whether or not it is being offered to the public.
DEQ Certificate of Compliance: A manufactured home community license for a particular manufactured home site(s) will not be issued without a DEQ Certification of Compliance for those sites for the licensing year for which the license is being requested. The DEQ will send a copy of its Certification to the Building Division. Inquiries about a DNRE Certification should be addressed to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Water Division, Constitution Hall, 525 W. Allegan, 2nd Floor, P.O. Box 30603, Lansing, Michigan, 48909-8130, telephone 517-241-1340.
3. Application Submission Requirements
Application for new home sites or previously owned community:
1. Complete the enclosed forms and return them to the Building Division with the nonrefundable fee, after completion of construction of the part of the community where the home sites are located but before homes are occupied, or in the case of a previously owned community, not more than 30 days after the applicant takes control of the community.
2. Your application will not be processed without the fee or if incomplete. There is no written test for this license
Previously unlicensed sites: An application for previously unlicensed sites must by accompanied by:
1. A completed affidavit of manufactured home community construction
2. Written certifications for the community sewer and electrical systems for the same site numbers listed on the affidavit
4. Procedures and Time-Frame for Obtaining Permit or Approval
5. Operational Requirements
Expiration date: Licenses expire every 3 years on September 30. A renewal application is mailed to each licensee in August and must be returned before October 1.
Changes: All changes to an original application must be filed with the Building Division within 30 days after the changes are made.
The fee for the 3-year license to operate a mobile home park is $225.00, plus an additional $3.00 for each home site in excess of 25 home sites in the mobile home park.
Fee for adding additional sites to an existing license: The $3.00 fee ($1.50 fee in a seasonal community) for each additional site does not need to be paid until the combined number of existing and additional sites exceeds 25.
7. Appeal Process
8. Public Input Opportunities
Comments and Complaints: LARA-BCC-Licensing@michigan.gov
Bureau of Construction Codes Web-site: www.michigan.gov/bcc
E. Contact Information: