Forms & Instructions
- State Treasurer's Certification Letter of the SET Levy.
- Beginning with the summer 2007 property tax collection, the State of Michigan will not be collecting summer taxes for any local unit. Taxpayers in Clayton Charter Township (Genesee County) or in Sanilac County (Lamotte Township, Moore Township, Washington Township, and the City of Sandusky), your local treasurer will be collecting your summer property taxes.
State Education Tax Act (SET) requires that the property be assessed at 6 mills as part of summer property taxes. Summer property taxes are usually due by September 14. Generally, your treasurer (township, city, or county) will be collecting your summer property taxes.
- Abatement / Exemption
- Applications for Deferment of Summer Taxes and Special Assessments
- Board of Review
- Classification Appeals
- Computerized Database System Assessment Roll
- Computerized Tax Roll Re-Certification
- Court Transmittal Forms
- Incorrectly Reported and/or Omitted (MCL 211.154)
- Industrial Facility Tax
- Local Government Officials Forms
- Millage & Millage Rollbacks
- Municipal Finance
- Principal Residence Exemption Forms
- Property Transfer
- Qualified Agricultural Property Exemption Forms
- Qualified Forest Exemption Forms
- Real and Personal Property Statements
- Record Retention Schedules for Local Governments
- State Assessed Property
- State Real Estate Transfer Forms
- Supportive Housing Exemption Documents
- Taxable Value
- Easement Conveyances and Real Estate Transfer Tax
Due to the number of questions received regarding the taxability of a conveyance of an easement, a request for advice was submitted to the Revenue Division of the Department of the Attorney General. The following is a reprint of the advice received from the Revenue Division. This advice does not constitute an opinion of the Attorney General and may not be relied upon as such.