City Income Tax General FAQ
1. How do I change my address with the City Income Tax Administration?

To change your address, you may contact City Income Tax Administration at 517-636-5829.

2. How many years do I have to claim an income tax refund?

You have four years from the due date of the original return to claim an income tax refund. If you are filing a return from 2014 and prior, you will need to send your return to the City of Detroit.  Mailing information can be obtained by accessing the City of Detroit web page at www.detroitmi.gov/incometax.