City Partnership Tax - Detroit
The Michigan Treasury City Tax Call Center will be unavailable from 5 p.m. on Wednesday, August 29 until 8 a.m. on Tuesday, September 4, 2018. This outage is necessary for system/server maintenance and no City Tax records will be accessible during this planned outage. We anticipate a higher than normal call volume on September 4-7 and appreciate your patience if you experience an extended call wait time. Once complete, this maintenance should not have any additional impact on taxpayers. Please continue to submit returns and payments timely to avoid late penalty and interest charges. The date of receipt for returns and payments submitted will not be impacted by the system maintenance of August 29th - September 4th.
Annual Tax Returns: The Michigan Department of Treasury began processing returns and associated payments in 2017 on behalf of the City of Detroit for the 2016 tax year. Beginning with the 2016 tax year, all annual returns and payments must be sent to the Michigan Department of Treasury.
Due Dates: If the due date falls on a weekend or holiday, the due date is the next business day.
- Calendar Filers: Due on the 15th day of the 4th month after the tax year ends.
- Fiscal Filers: Due on the 15th day of the 4th month after the tax year ends.
Estimated Payments for Taxes: The Michigan Department of Treasury began receiving payments in 2017 on behalf of the City of Detroit for the 2017 tax year. Beginning with the 2017 tax year, all estimated payments must be sent to the Michigan Department of Treasury.
Note: This is a change in due dates for previous filers with the City of Detroit (historically the end of the month).
- The first payment for a calendar year filer must be filed on or before April 15 of that year. The estimated tax is payable in equal installments on or before April 15, June 15, September 15, 2018 and January 15, 2019. The first payment for a fiscal year filer must be filed on or before the 15th day of the 4th month of the fiscal year. Example: If your fiscal year begins on April 1, your first payment will be due on July 15.
- Remaining installments will then be due on the 15th day of the 6th, 9th and 13th months of the fiscal year.
Annual Return Filing Options:
- Paper form submission to Michigan Department of Treasury
- Quarterly Payments by paper check, mailed with form, to Michigan Department of Treasury
- Annual Returns Payments by paper check, mailed with form, to Michigan Department of Treasury