How can I find out if I have tax returns that are missing or delinquent?

To protect your privacy, we will not send confidential account information over the Internet in response to e-mail inquiries.

You may ask about missing or delinquent taxes by using “Check My Income Tax Info”.

For privacy and security reasons you will be asked for your Social Security number, name, tax year, adjusted gross income/total household resources and filing status.

       1. Select the option "Ask an Account Specific Question".
       2. To verify your identity, log in using the filer’s Social Security number and name, then choose  
            the option "Ask Treasury a Question".
       3. You will be asked to enter the tax year, your adjusted gross income/total household resources  
           and filing status. Follow the directions given on the next page to request account
           specific information.

Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request.

Note: If you are unable to authenticate using your current tax year information, select the previous tax year for authentication.  When you submit your question, explain that you selected a previous tax year for authentication. Include the adjusted gross income, refund amount and tax year for which you are inquiring.

You may also request information by writing to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
Customer Contact Section
P O Box 30058
Lansing MI 48909

Your inquiry should include your full name, complete current mailing address, daytime phone number, Social Security number, tax type and tax year.