Does the Michigan Department of Treasury have a substitute W-2 form when a W-2 is not received from an employer?

No. The Michigan Department of Treasury does not receive individual withholding information.  In order to receive credit for Michigan tax withheld, you must obtain this information from your employer.

If your employer is unable to provide a copy of your W-2, you will need to request a substitute  income statement from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).  The substitute IRS form will contain only federal information. You may contact them at 1-800-829-1040, or through their Web site at