Why and how did you adjust my homestead property tax credit?

Your return was adjusted based on the information provided and/or information available from other sources.

A detailed explanation was sent describing the adjustments made to your return. If you have additional questions, use Check My Income Tax Info.

  1. Select the option "Ask an Account Specific Question".
  2. To verify your identity, log in using the filer's Social Security number and name, then choose the option "Ask Treasury a Question".
  3. You will be asked to enter the tax year, your adjusted gross income/total household resources and filing status. Follow the directions given on the next page to ask your question.

Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request.

Note: If you are unable to authenticate using your current tax year information, select the previous tax year for authentication. When you submit your question, explain that you selected a previous tax year for authentication. Include the adjusted gross income, refund amount and tax year for which you are inquiring.

Homestead Property Tax Credit Information