What should I do if the amount of my check/draft is incorrect?

Your return may have been adjusted based on the information provided and/or information available from other sources.

If your return was adjusted a detailed explanation was sent describing the adjustments made to your return. If you have additional questions use "Check My Income Tax Info".

For privacy and security reasons you will be asked for your Social Security number, name, tax year, adjusted gross income/total household resources and filing status.

Click on the above link and follow these steps:

  1. Select the option "Ask an Account Specific Question".
  2. To verify your identity, log in using the filer's Social Security number and name, then choose the option "Ask Treasury a Question".
  3. You will be asked to enter the tax year, your adjusted gross income/total household resources and filing status. Follow the directions given on the next page to request your check/draft be reissued. You must include your complete current address in your request.

Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request.

Note: If you are unable to authenticate using your current tax year information, select the previous tax year information for authentication. When you submit your question, explain that you selected a previous tax year for authentication. Include the adjusted gross income, refund amount and tax year for which you are inquiring.

You must submit supporting documentation for a dispute to be reviewed. Mail it to the address on the letter you received.

View the Home Heating Credit MI-1040CR-7 ADJUSTMENT or DENIAL Checklist for further information.