What should I do if I lost my energy draft?
You must allow 4 weeks before submitting a request for a new draft using self-service.
Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request.
Click on the above link and follow these steps:
- Select the “Inquiries” option
- Then select “Inquire about My Refund”
- You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:
- Primary filer’s Social Security number
- Primary filer’s last name
- Tax year
- Filing status
- Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
- If your AGI is a negative number, enter "-" after the number. Example: 1045-
You will receive an affidavit in the mail within 8 weeks requesting your signature as proof of the lost/stolen check/draft. Promptly mail affidavit back to the address included on the form. Allow up to 16 weeks for the replacement check/draft to be received. If you locate your check/draft after you have requested a stop payment, you MUST contact us before you attempt to cash/deposit it.
Note: If you are unable to authenticate using your current tax year information, select the previous tax year for authentication. When you submit your question, explain that you selected a previous tax year for authentication. Include the AGI/THR and tax year for which you are inquiring.