What should I do if I lost my energy draft?

You must allow 30 days before calling Customer Service at 517-636-4486, or submitting a customer service request by using “Check My Income Tax Info”.

For privacy and security reasons, you will be asked for your social security number, name, tax year, adjusted gross income or total household resources and filing status.

  1. Select the option “Ask an Account Specific Question”.
  2. To verify your identity, log in using the filer’s social security number and name, then choose the option “Ask Treasury a Question”.
  3. You will be asked to enter the tax year, your adjusted gross income/total household resources and filing status. Follow the directions given on the next page to ask your question.

Include your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request.

Note: If you are unable to authenticate using your current tax year information, select the previous tax year return for authentication.  When you submit your question, explain that you selected a previous tax year for authentication.  Include the adjusted gross income, refund amount and tax year for which you are inquiring.

An affidavit will be mailed to you to complete, sign and return. You can expect to receive a replacement energy draft 60 to 90 days after the Michigan Department of Treasury receives your completed affidavit.