What if I have a filing requirement with Michigan, filed my return and have been notified that I am a victim of identity theft?
If you are a victim of identity theft contact Michigan Department of Treasury using self-service.
Click on the above link and follow these steps:
- Select the “Inquiries” option
- Then select “Inquire about Other Topics”
- You will be asked to enter the following information for security reasons:
- Primary filer’s Social Security number
- Primary filer’s last name
- Tax year
- Filing status
- Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)/Total Household Resources (THR)
- If your AGI is a negative number, enter "-" after the number. Example: 1045-
Include the following information: Date your return was filed, the method used (paper or e-file), your full name, complete current mailing address and the tax year with your request.
Once your information is received, we will place an informational “stop” on your account to prevent refunds from being issued on fraudulently filed returns. Verification of your identity will be required before processing future returns.
Note: If you are unable to authenticate using your current tax year information, select the previous tax year for authentication. When you submit your question, explain that you selected a previous tax year for authentication. Include the AGI/THR and tax year for which you are inquiring.