What if I have a filing requirement with Michigan and have not filed my return?

You must file a paper return.

Mail refund, credit, or zero due returns to:
Michigan Department of Treasury
Lansing, MI 48956

If you owe tax, mail your return and payment to:
Michigan Department of Treasury
Lansing, MI 48929

Also include the following:
     •  A statement (or an Internal Revenue Service ID Theft Affidavit if possible) indicating what occurred
     •  Copy of your driver’s license/acceptable ID
     •  Copy of your Social Security card
     •  Copy of your federal return with schedules
     •  Copy of your lease or homestead property tax bill (if filing a Michigan Property Tax Credit Claim,
     •  Copy of your heat bill (if filing a Michigan Home Heating Credit Claim,  MI-1040CR-7)
     •  Copy of your W2 and/or 1099 forms on an 8 ½ x 11 piece of paper (This step is important due
        to the way mail is processed)

Once your information is received, we will place an informational “stop” on your account to prevent refunds from being issued on fraudulently filed returns. Verification of your identity will be required before processing future returns.